Situated between Crawley Down and Copthorne village, the Duke’s Head is a premium country pub with stunning interiors. The restaurant is always buzzing with atmosphere and we’re a hotspot for endless celebrations, special occasions and indulgent treats. We have a premium fresh food offer from a la carte menus to small plates, always perfectly paired with our extensive drinks range.
We boast a function area and a popular private dining room, which gets booked months in advance. Over the years, our private dining room has hosted many celebrities who come to be wined and dined! You never know who is going to walk through the door next.
We’re looking for somebody who is passionate about developing their team, leading the kitchen, delivering volume and always ensuring the highest standards of food quality. Could that be you?
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Quarterly bonus scheme - we're all about rewarding the hard work you put in
- Opportunities to grow with lifelong learning and funded qualifications
- Love dining out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we’ve got you covered.
On top of this, we offer a pension; 25 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares! There's also a free employee helpline- to support you with whatever life throws at you.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING? AS HEAD CHEF YOU’LL…
- Train, motivate and inspire your team to deliver an efficient food operation
- Always conform to health and hygiene regulations
- Be responsible for the kitchen's financial performance which can lead to attractive rewards
- Oversee food ordering
- Food preparation
- Delivery of operations
- Manage a team
- Stock control
WHAT DO I NEED?
- It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect dish, and a top Chef to bring it all together. You’ll...
- Pride yourself on food quality and hygiene standards
- Be a seasoned pro in managing a kitchen
- Have mastered the art of working with a branded menu
- Be driven to train, develop and grow your team to smash targets together
- Be ready for anything that the shift throws at your team (not literally!)
Lets CRUNCH THE NUMBERS...
On average, the weekly take for this business is £42,000. That's a lot of Small Plates and Pornstar Martini's!
We may be biased but we know both our food and drink offering is fabulous. That's why we've got a pretty even split, with 60% food and 40% drink.
We've got an amazing team, both out front and in the kitchen. In our peak trading season, we have a team of 15 Chefs cooking up outstanding food.