With your support as a Kitchen Assistant at the Cat & Fiddle - Harvester, everything will run like clockwork! You’ll make sure everything is stocked up, clean, tidy and ready for the shift ahead.
Join us at Harvester, the nation's family favourite for feel-good dining. Famous for our fresh rotisserie chicken and unlimited salad bar since 1983. Fancy a fresh start? We want to hear from you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
• Love dining out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we’ve got you covered.
• With us, your first role usually isn’t your last, over 40% of our Chefs go on to become a Head Chef!
• Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
• Flexible shifts - to fit around the other important things in life
• Lifelong learning - Funded qualifications up to degree level
On top of this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares! There's also a free employee helpline- to support you with whatever life throws at you.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING? AS KITCHEN ASSISTANT YOU’LL…
• Be a champion of brand standards
• Support in keeping the kitchen clean during a busy shift
• Set up the kitchen ready for a smooth shift
WHAT DO I NEED?
It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect dish, and our teams are no different. You’ll....
• Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
• Be super organised
• Be a supportive team player
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
Callum Jones completed his chef apprenticeship at an Ember Inns pub, The Horse and Jockey, in Aylesbury. Securing a Commis Chef level 2 certificate, Callum wants to share his experience for anyone considering a chef apprenticeship with M&B. Here's what he had to say: What was an unexpected benefit of the programme?Filleting fish and preparing meat generally What do you like best about working for M&B?Opportunities that the company give us like attending pride recently. What attracted you to a M&B apprenticeship?I wanted to further my skills in the kitchen and learn more. What has been your highlight of the apprenticeship experience?Going to pride awards and cooking for the GMs. WHat What is your favourite part of your job role?I love cleaning down and having a spotless kitchen at the end of service. Has the apprenticeship made you view your job role differently?It has – most notably my presentation. Were they any challenges in your role, if so how did you overcome them?De-jointing the meat – practice and support from the tutors Would you recommend an apprenticeship to your team or friends?Yes I would 100% What would you tell someone considering starting an M&B apprenticeship?Keep your portal stuff up to date. What is your next career goal?I want to secure a role where I can use this fresh cooking more often. If Callum's story has inspired you to apply, you can find out more about an apprenticeship when you visit our Apprenticeship hub.