Kitchen Team Leader
This job has passed its sell-by date. All good things must come to an end! Why not dip into one of the following...
As Kitchen Team Leader at the Daylight Inn, you will help to lead a team to be proud of, keeping spirits high and specs on point. You will be the master of the menu and get a thrill from teaching the team.
Join us at Oaktree Pubs. From breakfast to big nights out, our teams are the local legends. The atmosphere is electric, the food hearty, and the drinks always flowing. So, if you’re up for the party, we want to hear from you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
• You will be part of something much bigger than the Daylight Inn. As part of Mitchells & Butlers, we are a 44,000 strong team with over 13 brands, the opportunities are endless.
• Love dining out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we’ve got you covered.
• With Mitchells & Butlers, your first role isn’t usually your last. Last year, over 200 Chefs were promoted to Head Chef.
• Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
• Flexible shifts - to fit around the other important things in life
• Lifelong learning - Funded qualification up to degree level
On top of this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares! There's also a free employee helpline- to support you with whatever life throws at you.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING? AS KITCHEN TEAM LEADER YOU’LL…
• Be a champion of brand standards
• Cook to spec and work within brand targets
• Lead the team to deliver top quality standards on every shift
• Support with the training and development of the team
• Support with stock control and ordering so you’re set up for success
WHAT DO I NEED?
It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect dish, and our teams are no different. You’ll...
• Have previous experience and confidence in managing a kitchen team
• Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
• Be a role model of delivering food quality and hygiene standards
• Be a good communicator, so that the shift runs like clockwork
We know hospitality can be hard work, but it’s super rewarding. As a team at the the Daylight Inn, we always pull together with smiles on our faces. We know it’s a cliché, but it really is the people that make it so worthwhile. When you join us, you become part of our work family, all 44,000 of us up and down the country.
You don’t have to take our word for it. Why not check us out on social media? Search @Mitchells&ButlersCareers and find out what it’s like to work with us from our teams.
** DEFAULT postresults.teaserlabel - en-GB **Apprenticeship
** DEFAULT postresults.contenttypelabel - en-GB **Blog
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
** DEFAULT postresults.summarylabel - en-GB **
Callum Jones completed his chef apprenticeship at an Ember Inns pub, The Horse and Jockey, in Aylesbury. Securing a Commis Chef level 2 certificate, Callum wants to share his experience for anyone considering a chef apprenticeship with M&B. Here's what he had to say: What was an unexpected benefit of the programme?Filleting fish and preparing meat generally What do you like best about working for M&B?Opportunities that the company give us like attending pride recently. What attracted you to a M&B apprenticeship?I wanted to further my skills in the kitchen and learn more. What has been your highlight of the apprenticeship experience?Going to pride awards and cooking for the GMs. WHat What is your favourite part of your job role?I love cleaning down and having a spotless kitchen at the end of service. Has the apprenticeship made you view your job role differently?It has – most notably my presentation. Were they any challenges in your role, if so how did you overcome them?De-jointing the meat – practice and support from the tutors Would you recommend an apprenticeship to your team or friends?Yes I would 100% What would you tell someone considering starting an M&B apprenticeship?Keep your portal stuff up to date. What is your next career goal?I want to secure a role where I can use this fresh cooking more often. If Callum's story has inspired you to apply, you can find out more about an apprenticeship when you visit our Apprenticeship hub.
jobs with similar ingredients
We haven’t got any exact matches for your search at the moment, however try expanding your search location above or you might be interested in the following jobs…