As Sous Chef at Browns Bath, you will help to lead a team to be proud of, keeping spirits high and specs on point. You will be the master of the menu and get a thrill from teaching the team.
Join us at Browns Brasserie, we have been a city centre staple since 1973. Picture landmark buildings, signature cocktails and classically British Brasserie food. All paired with exceptional service. If you put the ‘Class’ into classic, we want to hear from you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
• Love dining out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we’ve got you covered.
• With Mitchells & Butlers, your first role isn’t usually your last. Last year, over 200 Chefs were promoted to Head Chef.
• Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
• Flexible shifts - to fit around the other important things in life
• Lifelong learning - Funded qualification up to degree level
On top of this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares! There's also a free employee helpline- to support you with whatever life throws at you.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING? AS SOUS CHEF YOU’LL…
• Be a champion of brand standards
• Cook to spec and work within brand targets
• Lead the team to deliver top quality standards on every shift
• Support with the training and development of the team
• Support with stock control and ordering so you’re set up for success
WHAT DO I NEED?
It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect dish, and our teams are no different. You’ll...
• Have previous experience and confidence in managing a kitchen team
• Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
• Be a role model of delivering food quality and hygiene standards
• Be a good communicator, so that the shift runs like clockwork
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
Callum Jones completed his chef apprenticeship at an Ember Inns pub, The Horse and Jockey, in Aylesbury. Securing a Commis Chef level 2 certificate, Callum wants to share his experience for anyone considering a chef apprenticeship with M&B. Here's what he had to say: What was an unexpected benefit of the programme?Filleting fish and preparing meat generally What do you like best about working for M&B?Opportunities that the company give us like attending pride recently. What attracted you to a M&B apprenticeship?I wanted to further my skills in the kitchen and learn more. What has been your highlight of the apprenticeship experience?Going to pride awards and cooking for the GMs. WHat What is your favourite part of your job role?I love cleaning down and having a spotless kitchen at the end of service. Has the apprenticeship made you view your job role differently?It has – most notably my presentation. Were they any challenges in your role, if so how did you overcome them?De-jointing the meat – practice and support from the tutors Would you recommend an apprenticeship to your team or friends?Yes I would 100% What would you tell someone considering starting an M&B apprenticeship?Keep your portal stuff up to date. What is your next career goal?I want to secure a role where I can use this fresh cooking more often. If Callum's story has inspired you to apply, you can find out more about an apprenticeship when you visit our Apprenticeship hub.
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
Joao Paulo Aveiro Vasconcelos completed his Commis Chef level 2 certificate at the start of this year. At Brown's in London, he enjoyed the experience so much he's already looking forward to starting the next phase in our Chef Academy. Our Chef Academy comes very highly recommended. Here's why you should apply for a chef apprenticeship with Mitchells & Butlers: What was an unexpected benefit?Learning new things What do you like best about working for M&B?The opportunities available to progress and do more. What attracted you to a M&B apprenticeship?Wanted to gain an official qualification and progress with the company What has been your highlight of the apprenticeship experience?Working with different meat and fish and learning the new skills and techniques at the academy What is your favourite part of your job role?I love the hours that I do with work Has the apprenticeship made you view your job role differently?We have more experience with raw ingredients which makes me think about the stock at my site. Were there any challenges in your role, if you how did you overcome them?The move from Finchley to Watford. The chef academy team supported me fully with this transition. Would you recommend an apprenticeship to your team or friends?Yes I have already done and he has already started it. What would you tell someone who is considering starting a M&B apprenticeship?Commitment. It’s a great opportunity so take it seriously. What is your next career goal?I want to do chef academy 3 next. Find out more about why an apprenticeship is a smart career move on our Apprenticeship Hub. Earn while you learn. Apply here