Just a stone’s throw from the hustle and bustle of Chinatown and the iconic Leicester Square is where you’ll find another one of London’s famous landmarks — O’Neill’s Wardour Street. The pub is bursting with musical memories. Known as Whiskey-A-Go-Go in the ’60s, it was a hub for soul music. If you were lucky, you may have bumped into icons like James Brown and Kool and the Gang strutting their stuff! In 1984 it became The Wag Club where David Bowie shot the MTV video for Blue Jean. Over the years the stage has been graced by the likes of Rod Stewart, Stevie Wonder and The Rolling Stones.
These days we keep the party going with fantastic Irish hospitality, live music seven nights a week and for sports fans we have HD viewing throughout, so you never miss a moment of the action. We have a capacity of over 900 people, including our 3rd-floor Flamingo Room at 400 capacity, it’s the perfect place for private hire events.
We are looking for a fantastic leader who can bring O’Neill’s Wardour street forward into the next chapter of its history creating a whole new set of memories and iconic moments for our team and guests, taking your career to a whole new level. If you are an entrepreneurial, passionate, sociable and organised person this may well be the job for you. We are looking for someone who can raise the bar, who’s upbeat and wants to be the local legend in O’Neill’s Wardour street.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Opportunities to grow with lifelong learning and funded qualifications
- Celebrating success– award nights, away days and team socials (work hard, play hard!)
- Love dining out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we’ve got you covered.
- Private medical and Dental Plans - to keep you safe, secure and always smiling
On top of this, we offer a pension; 25 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares! There's also a free employee helpline- to support you with whatever life throws at you.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING? AS GENERAL MANAGER YOU’LL…
- Manage, coach and train your team
- Ensure our guests are cared for to the highest standards
- Provide excellent customer experiences
- Work towards achieving business targets
- Dedicate time to develop your team using our tailored development framework
WHAT DO I NEED?
- It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect dish, and our teams are no different. You’ll...
- Be a seasoned pro in the hospitality industry
- Have mastered the ins and outs of exceptional guest service
- Share the bigger picture to inspire and empower your team
- Develop and grow your team
- Be driven to smash targets with your team
Lets CRUNCH THE NUMBERS...
On average, the weekly take for this businesses is £125,000. You can expect to smash this number when you host some of the most iconic events across London.
We boast a team of 50 fabulous individuals. Are you up for the craic?