As Sous Chef at the Whittington Arms, you will help to lead a team to be proud of, keeping spirits high and specs on point. You will be the master of the menu and get a thrill from teaching the team.
Join us at Premium Country Pubs. We craft food and drink into something truly special. Picture beautiful interiors in stunning locations, and great tasting food. If you're passionate about all things premium, we want to hear from you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
• You will be part of something much bigger than the Whittington Arms. As part of Mitchells & Butlers, we are a 44,000 strong team with over 13 brands, the opportunities are endless.
• Love dining out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we’ve got you covered.
• With Mitchells & Butlers, your first role isn’t usually your last. Last year, over 200 Chefs were promoted to Head Chef.
• Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
• Flexible shifts - to fit around the other important things in life
• Lifelong learning - Funded qualification up to degree level
On top of this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares! There's also a free employee helpline- to support you with whatever life throws at you.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING? AS SOUS CHEF YOU’LL…
• Be a champion of brand standards
• Cook to spec and work within brand targets
• Lead the team to deliver top quality standards on every shift
• Support with the training and development of the team
• Support with stock control and ordering so you’re set up for success
WHAT DO I NEED?
It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect dish, and our teams are no different. You’ll...
• Have previous experience and confidence in managing a kitchen team
• Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
• Be a role model of delivering food quality and hygiene standards
• Be a good communicator, so that the shift runs like clockwork
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
Callum Jones completed his chef apprenticeship at an Ember Inns pub, The Horse and Jockey, in Aylesbury. Securing a Commis Chef level 2 certificate, Callum wants to share his experience for anyone considering a chef apprenticeship with M&B. Here's what he had to say: What was an unexpected benefit of the programme?Filleting fish and preparing meat generally What do you like best about working for M&B?Opportunities that the company give us like attending pride recently. What attracted you to a M&B apprenticeship?I wanted to further my skills in the kitchen and learn more. What has been your highlight of the apprenticeship experience?Going to pride awards and cooking for the GMs. WHat What is your favourite part of your job role?I love cleaning down and having a spotless kitchen at the end of service. Has the apprenticeship made you view your job role differently?It has – most notably my presentation. Were they any challenges in your role, if so how did you overcome them?De-jointing the meat – practice and support from the tutors Would you recommend an apprenticeship to your team or friends?Yes I would 100% What would you tell someone considering starting an M&B apprenticeship?Keep your portal stuff up to date. What is your next career goal?I want to secure a role where I can use this fresh cooking more often. If Callum's story has inspired you to apply, you can find out more about an apprenticeship when you visit our Apprenticeship hub.
** DEFAULT postresults.publishdate - en-GB **
Bartosz completed a chef apprenticeship with Premium Country Pubs. Achieving a Commis Chef level 2 certificate. Here's what he had to say about his experience: WHAT DO YOU LIKE BEST ABOUT WORKING FOR M&B?The opportunity to learn new and more things. I have also been able to improve my English too. WHAT ATTRACTED YOU TO A M&B APPRENTICESHIP?I wanted to improve and develop myself so thought why not. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR HIGHLIGHT OF THE APPRENTICESHIP EXPERIENCE?To see some real professional cookery from scratch. Gaining this universal knowledge WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PART OF YOUR JOB ROLE?Every shift is different – no day is ever the same so the variation is great. UNEXPECTED BENEFITWill power and commitment needed and gained HAS THE APPRENTICESHIP MADE YOU VIEW YOUR JOB ROLE DIFFERENTLY?Yes it makes me look at the detail and quality more. WERE THERE ANY CHALLENGES IN YOUR ROLE, IF YOU HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM?Stress of a busy service but my team and I work well together to overcome this. WOULD YOU RECOMMEND AN APPRENTICESHIP TO YOUR TEAM OR FRIENDS?Yes, If someone wants to improve then why not. WHAT WOULD YOU TELL SOMEONE WHO IS CONSIDERING STARTING A M&B APPRENTICESHIP?Get involved and take it all in and onboard as it is a big commitment. WHAT IS YOUR NEXT CAREER GOAL?I will be travelling for 6 months but working while I do so. INTERESTED IN AN APPRENTICESHIP?At Mitchells and Butlers, we have a range of apprenticeships to suit people at every level, whether that's chefs, management or bar and waiting staff. View our apprenticeships